Dear Orchestra Users,
This announcement marks the first of our monthly BioGrids updates. Each month we'll send a short email detailing the progress we've been making with this initiative. For February we have six new software titles, a webinar to announce, and a request for feedback.
The BioGrids alpha software collection now includes six new titles for a total of 45 applications and utilities: eXpress version 1.5.1, a streaming quantification tool for high through put sequences developed in Lior Pachter's group at UC Berkeley.
- FastQC version 0.11.2 is a quality control tool for high throughput sequence data from the Bioinformatics group at the Babraham Institute.
- PROCHECK version 3.5.4, an application to check the stereochemical quality protein structures by producing a number of PostScript plots to analyze the geometry.
- Trinity version 2.0.2 a program for reconstruction of transcriptomes from RNA-seq data, has been added with version 2.0.2 as the default.
- VCFTools version 0.1.12b is a package for working with VCF files to filter and summarize variants, compare, validate, and merge files, etc.
- WHAT_CHECK version 10.1.1 is the protein verification portion of WHAT IF as standalone program.
Please mark your calendars for an SBGrid-hosted webinar featuring Sjors Scheres and Relion scheduled for March 24th at 12:00pm EST. Details are posted on the SBGrid website
BioGrids is currently in its alpha phase and we are eager to hear your feedback. Please send your comments or suggestions to email@example.com. BioGrids is supported by the HMS TnT fund and based upon the SBGrid.org support model.
To set up BioGrids, run the setup script: /programs/biogrids_setup . This script will modify your startup environment for all applications and only needs to be run once. All software is located in the /programs directory and no additional steps are required.